- Paranur School infrastructure development: Safe learning environment, water purifier, WASH facilities, Smart class, Play equipment’s etc.
- Apna Angan ICDS Development project: 2 Anganwadi centres with fullest infrastructure facilities developed at Anjur & Veerapuram village beholds both children and mothers have access to clean and hygienic ICDS services.
- Health Project: Kunnavakkam PHC infrastructure development - Patients waiting room and breast-feeding rooms for young mothers.
- Health awareness activities: TB & dengue community awareness programs, Community Led Total Sanitation Solutions, Maternal & Child Health Awareness, Capacity building training for Anganwadi teachers.
- Constructed 22 Individual Household Toilets.
- Environment project: Veerapuram lake cleaning and tree plantation
- Skill training project: Industrial power sewing machine training session conducted to 85 women in the village. Out of the training 30% has employed in the nearby garment industries and 70% become self-employed.
- Covid Activity: Medical equipment’s (Vaccine carriers, ILR and Deep freezer) to Kunnavakkam PHC for covid vaccination.
2.1 Bio-CNG Plant
- Bio-CNG plant is spread over 1,200 sq. mtr. to create a carbon neutral ecosystem at Mahindra World City, Chennai.
- It converts 10 tons of food and kitchen waste generated per day into 1000 kg of raw biogas.
- Raw biogas yields 400kg/day of purified CNG grade fuel which is equivalent to 200kW power plant. As a by-product, 4 tons of organic fertilizer produced per day.
- The green energy (Bio-CNG) is effectively used as an automotive fuel (for CNG buses and tractors) and can be used for cooking purposes too.
- The organic fertilizer is used by farmers to enhance soil fertility.
2.2 Water Conservation Initiatives
- Central STP located in MWC, Chennai treats wastewater received from industrial customers and the recycled water is used for flushing and landscape.
- 100% of the landscaping water needs are met through Treated water.
- Treated water is also supplied to all industrial customers and commercial spaces within MWC, Chennai.
- Storm water network is constructed along the roads and connected to Kolavai lake.
- Rainwater Harvesting system at MWC, Chennai replenishes the ground water table.
- To reduce water consumption, Xeriscaping method of planting trees is practiced.
2.3 Transport Impact Initiatives
Shuttle buses and Tractors are run on biogas generated from food waste, which helps in our journey of carbon neutrality at MWC, Chennai.
Shuttle bus services are provided within MWC, Chennai to all staff, and industrial customer employees to facilitate easy commute within the city.
2.4 Urban Green Cover
- MWC Chennai, undertook one of the largest urban forest projects in India planting 4 Lakhs native species on a large scale in 2018-19.
- The Miyawaki method of plantation involved planting different types of species close together in a small area leading to the creation of an ‘Urban Forest’.
- The initiative was held in partnership with Hero Motor Corp, and Times of India and executed through NGO CommuniTREE.
- Helped restore the tree cover and facilitated enhanced biodiversity of native species. As on date, we have 2.8 lakh trees thriving in the urban forest.
- The forest cover acts as an excellent filter for urban pollutants and fine particulates which not only improves the air quality but also reduces temperature by 2-4° C, which in turn reduces the cost of operating artificial climate control systems.
- It also acts as a noise and dust barrier and creates small habitat for birds and animals, increasing urban biodiversity.
- The urban cover has turned into a beautiful forest with rich biodiversity.