1.1 CPDP achievement
CPDP developers seek to meet a 'climate positive' emissions target of net-negative on-site, operational greenhouse gas emissions. Mahindra World City Jaipur (MWCJ) was one of the sixteen founding projects across the world that partnered and participated in the CPDP. On World Environment Day - 5th June 2015, MWCJ became the first project in Asia to receive Stage 2 Climate Positive Development certification from the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group (C40). In recognition of this milestone, President of the C40 Board and UN Secretary-General's Special Envoy for Cities and Climate Change Michael R. Bloomberg presented a commemorative plaque to Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group at Bloomberg LP in New York City. The Stage 2 Climate Positive recognition is given to those developers who have successfully created detailed plans for how they will reduce energy, waste and transportation related carbon emissions onsite and expand the impact to the surrounding community in order to achieve a Climate Positive outcome.
2.2 Enhancing water resilience
Water Impact Initiatives
: Water distribution system is equipped with hypoeutectic VFD driven pumps and SCADA control.
- 100% recycled water is utilized for irrigating our green cover,
- To minimize water requirement irrigation of green cover through micro/drip irrigation system.
- Rainwater Harvesting through natural channels
2.3 Transport Impact Initiatives
Low floor buses of JCTL connects our park with city, last mile connectivity by E Rikshaw, Bikes are used for Patrolling across park
- JCTL: JCTL (Govt. buses) is running its services in Mahindra World City, Jaipur. It is taking 5 round trips from the Jaipur City to Mahindra World City, Jaipur.
- E-Rickshaws: E-Rickshaw are running as part of pilot project for last mile connectivity, which will be enhanced as per the feasibility and requirement for promoting emission free intracity transport requirements.
- Public Bicycle Sharing Services: Mahindra World City, Jaipur has signed an MoU with Jaipur based PBS Pink Pedals. A fleet of 50 cycles is now available at conveniently situated docking stations for shared use by employees and visitors at Mahindra World City, Jaipur. The bicycles have been designed for rider safety and comfort. The number of cycles will thereafter be augmented in phases and an integrated app-based sharing system will be rolled out, basis further requirements and demand.
2.4 Enhancing Biodiversity
Urban Green Cover:
~10K trees are providing green cover to our city. Estimated annual reduction in CO2 emissions: 183 Tonnes. Green cover is enhanced every year by 1000 trees. To support local flora & Fauna local species including fruit trees are planted. Our green cover is home for multiple species of birds namely Peacock, Pigeons, Doves, Mainas, Sparrows, Crows, Koels, Partridges, Parrots, Babblers, Tailor Birds, Sunbirds, Green Bee-eater, Red-vented Bulbul, Kite, Hoopoe, Drongo etc.
2.5 Zero waste to landfill
85% diversion from landfill is achieved, Waste is segregated, organic waste composted, and final compost is utilized to improve the fertility of soil of our green cover
2.6 Sustainable communities
The CSR initiatives are implemented by the local CSR committees of the Company or credible NGO/ voluntary organizations having an established track record of implementing similar programmes. Some of the initiatives are also implemented through partnerships with corporate foundations namely, the Mahindra Foundation and the K.C. Mahindra Education Trust. In addition, the Company also encourages its employees to volunteer (known within the Mahindra Group as Esops) and participate in the CSR projects.
2.7 CSR Projects & Initiatives undertaken at Mahindra World City, Jaipur
CSR Action Plan, Activity List, and Impact 2016-17 2017-18 2018-19 2019-20 2020-21 2021-22 2022-23
- HUNNAR: Mahindra World City, Jaipur in association with TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS INCUBATOR-KIET jointly works to create a model of creating knowledge-based enterprise & creation of job opportunities through innovation & entrepreneurship and market oriented skilled trained rural personnel to meet out the requirement of industries thereby uplifting the economics status & livelihood of the people. With a view to achieve inclusive development, MWCJ took initiative of bring out the talents hidden behind the veils. The idea was to provide vocational/ skill training to women as this would lead to boarder economic impacts in households. Project On-going since FY09-10. As on 31st March2021 2173, Total Candidates Trained: 2023 and Total Women Trained: 1544.
- GREEN GUARDIANS: Mahindra World City, Jaipur is Asia’s first and world’s largest project to be C40 Stage -2 certified for achieving Carbon Neutral roadmap. Under this initiative, MWCJ extended this step for sustainable development for our neighboring communities, for propagation for efficient lighting for energy saving and neutralizing carbon footprint. We have undertaken the project for LED tube lights installation in adjoining villages. Project on-going since FY15-16. As on 31st March 2021, a total of 7100 Rural Homes across 20 villages have been covered till date and 8 LED Street Lights with poles have been installed in four village chowks.
- MAHINDRA HARIYALI: Mahindra Hariyali Plantation Drive is the Mahindra Group’s endeavor to tackle the twin challenges of climate change and sustainability. Through this initiative, team members and volunteers have got an opportunity to make a huge impact on the environment, as well as society. Project on-going since FY10-11. As on 31st March 2021, we have planted total of 54955 trees in Govt. approved forest areas and rural areas.